Friday, July 17, 2009

A Wet Weekend


I spent last weekend in Cornwall with a group from the TVR Car Club. I enjoy camping, so jumped at the opportunity to spend a few nights under canvas. It gave me the opportunity to spend a day with my good friend, artist Patrick Woodroffe. Patrick was a very busy illustrator when I was cutting my teeth as a designer and illustrator in the seventies and eighties. I always loved his work, so it was fantastic for me that we became friends. You can see some of his work here:http://www.patrickwoodroffe-world.com/index.htm

We spent the day catching up and walking around his home town of Falmouth. Lovely, lovely man.

Here also is a pic of some of the twenty or so cars that travelled down for the weekend. Mine's the dirty one in the foreground.



2 comments:

Paul Dunn said...

Its good that you got to see your friend Pete ,despite the niggles that nearly stopped you going , and the car got a good run too .Not sure about the camping though ,much better in proper digs y'know ;)
Paul.

Peter Underhill said...

If the accommodation was a comfy hotel or even a caravan, I'd not be interested in going. I enjoy the 'difference' provided by staying in a tent for a few nights. It makes me think differently. I appreciate minimalism isn't to everyone's taste, but I like it.